Daytona Beach! - #SundayFunday


A beautiful Sunday should be enjoyed in maximum, especially if you are having a long week ahead of you. Well, let me be honest here: I had a wonderful Saturday night out with my girls and I definitely needed a long walk at the beach but somewhere far from home. And you know how much me and hubby love to hit the road. So we woke up Sunday morning, grateful to finally see some clear sky after that endless rainy week, and decided to go on a little trip.


Daytona Beach is about an hour and 20 mins from Jacksonville.  It is one of the most famous beaches in the U.S.A because of its hard-packed sand, which makes it easily accessible by car. There is a lot of space, the water is slightly lighter and blue-r than the one in Jacksonville and they also have umbrellas and beach chairs for rent. For my European readers this might sound crazy but let me tell you, almost all the beaches in the U.S do not have this service. It is a shame!



We parked near the Ocean Walk. The center is full of local stores and restaurants and a movie theater. Really nice place. The Starbucks in there had a world map where everybody could put a pin on the country they came from. Some of the pins surprised me...








We headed to the ocean to play with the water a little bit and refresh - if that was possible...


















It was about 2 p.m. and we were feeling hungry so we decided to go on restaurant-hunting. We walked for about thirty minutes until this little building caught our eyes...


I have to admit, the first thing that sold the restaurant to me was the idea of having a meal by the ocean. And the view was very beautiful...The food? Not so good, neither was the service...A huge disappointment :(








 We took it slowly on our way back to the car and hubby offered to take some pictures (this does not happen very often)...







And my favorite picture...


I had a wonderful day and happy memories were created. I wish you a "Goodnight and Sweet Dreams!"
Have a nice weekend!
See you soon,
xoxo Marjana

No comments:

Post a Comment