Weekend Getaway to Tampa - Day 1

Greek Performer, Giannis Ploutarxos Concert
This past weekend was unforgettable. I had an amazing time everywhere I went and enjoyed the company of everyone I had with me. One of my favorite Greek singers was performing in Tampa on Saturday, Oct 18, and we decided to go to his concert.
 We woke up early in the morning, packed some fancy clothes and other travel necessities and drove to our friends house. His mother had cooked some food to take with us, typical of a picnic. We left home at around 11 am. After driving for a couple of hours and starving, we stopped at a rest area for our quick little picnic. The weather couldn't have been better; the sun was shinning, the temperature was around the 70s F, and it stayed like that the whole trip. Even though it was the middle of a highway, it felt like up on the mountain because of the trees and fresh breeze.

Hubby bringing food out of the car...

The table is set...Anyone want to join? We have Greek pita, fresh tomatoes with mozzarella cheese, baked potatoes, Albanian pita with spinach and much more...  Don't be shy, hop in, there is plenty ... and delicious!


My personal Plate
Oh and this....Ok, I might sound crazy right now but I honestly do not know what this is called in English. It is Greek/ Albanian dessert made with sugar, starch, cinnamon called Saxhuke...Yeap!

Back on the road for a couple more hours of driving and enjoying the view from my window...



Finally arrived at our hotel, exhausted. We stayed at Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater, managed by the giant Marriott. It was a really nice hotel, well decorated, clean and welcoming. The staff was very sweet and kind... I felt welcomed and comfortable! 








Hubby and I were tired so we took a quick nap before getting ready for the big night...
The doors opened at 8.00 pm...

Tickets...waiting on line

Just a quick snap of my #motn 

Hubby and I
The concert was held at a Golf Resort. It was huge, beautiful, luxurious! 



Guess! 

Ready to start!


The bottle of wine on our table...
The story behind the clover flowers...

Clover flowers are very popular in Greek music clubs, called Buzuki. People would buy buckets of white, pink and red clover flowers and throw them to the singer. It shows their love for him/her. I throw one too, he caught it and threw it back to me :) <3 p="">
This picture was taken from my friend



And here he is! Yiannis - Γιάννης in greek !
He is a amazing singer. His voice is so relaxing and pleasant to listen to. And he is such a good person with a huge heart. He sang with all his heart and went around the arena to take pictures with everyone in there. Hundreds of people!






Of course I had to dance on the stage!

And after the concert was over, he waited in his dressing room for us.We took so many pictures over and over again and he was so patient with us. OMG he is my favorite!!! And the autograph he gave me melt my heart....To Marjana with LOVE! <3 :="" span="">



This was the end of the first day in Tampa, my friends. An amazing unforgettable night. I had sooo much fun!
I really hope he comes back again very soon!
Sunday's activities will be up in the next post.
Until then...
xoxo Marjana

No comments:

Post a Comment