Holiday Home Decor - Mari Christmas ep.1

It is finally December and I am so happy! Like extremely over Happy! Can you guess why?

Christmas time!!!

I have loved Christmas since I can't remember. When I was a child my mom and dad would involve me in every single preparation from setting up the tree and decorating every corner of the house to cooking the Christmas dinner. We had so much fun. There were so many moments of happiness that today make the most beautiful memories.
And of course I believed in Santa Clause ( I think I still believe :P ). Every Christmas Eve we would be watching movies till late and just before midnight we would go out to watch the fireworks. That was the time when my little mind was thinking what my present would be! The moment I'd get back inside, there it was...my present! How did they manage to hide it from and put it under the tree when they were by my side all the time? I still haven't figured the answer. Maybe one day...

Moving back to my teenage years, when I had my own big bedroom...Every Christmas I'd bring out the small Christmas tree we had and decorate it. I had light pink and lavender decor. I loved it! As much as I love decorating my own apartment today. Nothing too big, but simple red and gold decor, shiny glitters and lots of Christmas lights. It is the best time of the year!

Today is Saint Nicholas for all the Orthodox believers. And we have a tradition of setting up the tree and lit the house for Christmas. I decorated mine till late last night and I wanted to share with you some pictures. I hope you like them and get inspired. Christmas is here and the "Mari Christmas" series have begun! More posts full of joy are to come, but until then I will leave you decorate your own trees and houses!

Have a Merry Christmas!

xoxo Marjana







 




Welcome to my little village :)

 







Missed last year's decor? Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment