Get the Glow for the Holidays! - "Mari Christmas" ep.2

Hello everyone and welcome to the second post of "Mari Christmas" series. Today I want to share with you some simple but very helpful steps you need to take before the holidays approach. The end of the year is always known as the busiest time of all. So many things to do - shopping, decorating, cleaning, cooking... shopping again. But the most important of all are the events; office parties, friends' get-together, family dinners and the list goes on....

It is very important you look your best wherever you go and what ever you do. And yes, I know this is also the most stressful time of the year but you HAVE to relax. So find yourself sometime and recharge your batteries. Don't forget I am here to help ;)

I put some thought into how I should pass on my advice and I figured the best way to do so is to take you along with my skincare and pamper routine. Let's get started, shall we?


Everyday routine

My mornings are very simple when it comes to getting ready for work. I wake up 6 a.m and have to be at work by 7 a.m (including a 20 min drive). The first thing I do is head to the bathroom. Wash my face with cold water to help me wakeup and brush my teeth. Then straight to the "Beauty Department".

Skincare tips

Start with the basics. Clean your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser that contains brightening elements. Then use a good moisturizer with a little bit of sun protection. Winter sun can be brighter than the summer one. The wind and the cold dry the skin and a good moisturizer will provide the much needed hydration. Use a natural 100% organic oil for better results. When it comes to the rest of the body, there are so many lotions to choose from. They are all amazing for sure, and the scents are to die for, but no matter how many of them I use, I'll still go back to Vaseline. The most hydrating of all.


Scrub and Exfoliate - It is the only way to remove the already-dead skin and dry patches in order for the new fresh/radiant skin to grow back. I exfoliate my face every two or three days and my body once (maybe twice) a week. Please don't forget to scrub your lips. Chopped lips are not fun or sexy at all.



Take short warm showers - who doesn't love to have a long hot bath listening to music or reading a favorite book while drinking some wine? And those long hot showers when you start thinking about everything going on?  I know...story of my life! But this is a no-no for winter time.  Hot water will dehydrate your skin and make it lack even more moisture (which will lead to dryness). So keep your water temperature low and if you still feel like spending some time in the tub...well make it quick - the water will cool down soon after all.

Mask yourself - It is my favorite moment of all. Trying a new mask or just using my favorite is always so relaxing and peaceful.  I love the feeling of fresh cream product on my skin, its process of hardening or drying ( I know it's funny and weird) and I love how good my skin feels afterwards. It's like I have become a new person :P All the dirty pores are crystal clear, full of vitamins, minerals, hydration and all that good stuff. I would definitely recommend a hydrating mask or deep cleansing like the mud-ones.


Shiny hair - It is not only the skin who gets dry, hair does too. It becomes frizzy and tangled if you don't take good care. For those with color-treated hair who need smoothness and repair, I would definitely recommend a sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfate can irritate your scalp and even damage the hair follicle. I am currently using the L'Oreal EverSleek and I am loving it. After that I would use the John Frieda Frizz Ease Leave-in Conditioner and brush through my hair. I prefer to let my hair air-dry - it is always the best option - but if you really need to dry if fast than try to use medium heat of even the cold one; it might take a couple more minutes but it will be worth it.
One important part of having shinny healthy hair is treating it with masks. My number one all-time favorite product is coconut oil. Nothing beats it. I spread it all over my hair, avoiding the roots and concentrating on the ends, leave it on for a couple of hours while doing other activities around the house, and than wash it with some warm water ( not hot). I guarantee you will see difference immediately. This is a ritual I would do twice a month. For shorter periods I like using protein masks like Keratin. Really powerful and amazing.


Well ladies, this are all the products I use for my pampering rituals. I hope my tips are useful for you too and you Get the Glow for all the parties you are attending these holidays. Let me know your opinion and I would love to hear any advice coming from you! :)

Until the next post,
xoxo Marjana


No comments:

Post a Comment