#TBT - Postcards from Berat!

I blame spring cleaning for this one. I was organizing my desk the other day and ran into some old CDs I brought from Albania when I came here. Of course, I had to check ALL of them and make myself realize how much I miss those times. Do you know the feeling when you see old photos which mark some of the most beautiful moments of your life? The feeling is stronger when you know how difficult it is to go back to those places and visit them again. That is what happened to me and I wanted to share with you some of the photos showing the beauties of my country and my happiness. I hope you enjoy!

My best friend and I had planned to visit the most beautiful and historical cities and sites of Albania during our college years, but it did not happen because I moved here. We did go to a couple of places - which I will show you in the next posts - but today I wanted to talk about Berat.

Berat is a city located in south-central Albania. It lies on the side of the long river Osum and it is surrounded by many mountains and forests. The special thing about Berat is its architecture and scenic beauty. It is known as the "Town of a Thousand Windows", due to those many windows of the old white and brown houses overlooking the house. The most interesting thing for me is the Castle. Not because is a castle, it does not look much like that anymore, but because people are still living in there. The houses inside the castle-area are so small and cute at the same time. They also have some restaurants and grocery stores to save them time - the nearest store is about 15min walking, a big deal for albanian people. 

I cannot write enough about this city, so I will just stop here and let you enjoy the pictures.
xoxo, Marjana


National Bank




Museum

Thru the hole of a door

Heading to the Castle

Add caption


The view from the castle

Gorica - one of the city's neighborhoods 
















The city of a Thousand windows in my hands :)




University of Berat - Enormous building





No comments:

Post a Comment