Urban Decay Vice3 palette - Swatches and review

Urban Decay is my all-time favorite brand. When I first got into makeup, a year ago, UD was the brand I always dreamed of. My first high-end makeup purchase was from their line, the Naked3 palette. I remember being so happy when I walked out from Sephora. Today I own some more products and I am 100% satisfied. They always surprise me and never disappoint me.

This past Christmas they launched their new Vice3 palette. OMG! The moment I saw it I could not think of anything else but it. Those colors were amazing, beautiful, vibrant and all I wanted. But, just when I was ready to buy it it was sold in every Sephora store :(

It's Ok, I found it a couple of weeks later on the UD's website and of course I purchased it. The company also included a bag full of goodies in sample size for me to try. 

Urban decay vice3 review

There were two small bags inside the box. One of them had the palette and the other one had all the extra products. These bags are so cute and perfect to be used as makeup bags when travelling. 

Urban decay vice3 review

The packaging is just beautiful. The case is slim with a bright neon abstract artwork and the name is written with jewels. I love the idea of a protective bag, this way I don't have to worry about the jewels coming off or the surface being scratched. A big plus.
There is also a huge mirror inside. It is the hugest compact mirror you can get with a palette and it makes applying makeup so much easier. An other big plus.

Urban decay vice3 review

Now let's talk colors. This palette has 20 new never-seen-before limited edition shades. Uff...that was long! You get all sort of finishes - matte, sparkly, satin and metallic. Very pigmented and velvety texture. It is very easy to work with them, blending and mixing is so easy and fun. And the brush that comes with the palette is soft and perfect for the shadows. 

Urban decay vice3 review

Urban decay vice3 review

The colors are coordinated in columns and it is so convenient. You get some neutral tones on the first column, bright jewel tones in the middle and dark smoky shades in the right. I love to pair them up vertically, but I also love to experiment and go wild with the colors all over the palette. 

Urban decay vice3 review

As I mentioned above the first column has neutral tones. Truth is a pink-ish nude perfect to highlight the brow-bone and inner corners. Undone is the color I love to use as base all over my lid. Downfall creates a natural depth of the eye and DTF helps to give that last definition on the outer corner. 
This is the perfect pair for an everyday makeup.

Urban decay vice3 review

The second column has some bold metallic shades. Dragon is a vibrant green I love to use in the lower lash line to give a Pop to the whole look and bring out my eyes. I created a look with this quad using Freeze all over my lid ( a very bright metallic sky-color), Heroine on the outer corner to make it smokey and Brokedown right down the browbone as a transition shade. Pair it with a matte nude lip and voila...amazing look!

Urban decay vice3 review


All the shadows of this column are metallic except Reign which has a satin finish. If you ask me about pairing the colors together for a look, I would start with Lucky as a base. A warm orange perfect for this time of the year. Then Reign to create a smokey effect of the outer corner. Vanity is a dark eggplant-y color which I would use in the lower lash line to create a contrast with my brown eyes and finally Bobby Dazzle to highlight. 

Urban decay vice3 review

I like to call this "The romantic quad". The colors are so vibrant with hints of fuchsia, burgundy and orange. The shimmer makes them perfect for a "fire-sunset" look. I actually used this quad for my Valentine's Day makeup look...check it here for all the details :)

Urban decay vice3 review

The last column has all the shades you need to create a dramatic bold smokey eye. Starting with the champagne-y Last Sin as a highlight shade, Angel as a base and a mix of Defy and Revolver on the outer corner and lower lash line to create the darkest smoke ever. Drama just got better!

Urban decay vice3 review

Urban decay vice3 review
What I got inside the Stash Bag:

- Perversion Mascara
- 24/7 Glide-on Eyepencil in Rockstar
- Naked lipgloss in Rouge A Levres
- Four samples of Primer and Liquid Makeup
Urban decay vice3 review

















Overall I think this a palette worth the investment. You are able to create so many looks, from everyday fresh makeup to funky vibrant ones and dramatic bold smokey looks. You get all the colors you need to experiment with. It is the perfect mirror to take with you when travelling for short or long period of time. The quality is A+. As I said they are easy to work with, stay on for a long time, don't fall off and look amazing all the time.
All the other palettes I own have shadows with a mutual theme or similar tones. Vice3 Has all the colors you will ever Need! Hands down!
I am sorry you can't check it in a store but do you research online, read reviews and you will see it is worth the $60.

Do you own this palette? What do you think about it? And if not, would you purchase it? Let me know in the comments below :)

I hope you liked the review :)
Until next time,
xoxo Marjana

No comments:

Post a Comment