DIY: Journal

Hello guys!
Today I wanted to share with you my DIY Journal. I like keeping a journal and writing on it cute moments I want to remember, ideas for posts or any thing else that helps me be organized everyday.
This year I wanted something really cute and personalized and I couldn't find a journal with all my requirements, so I decided to make my own. It turned out to be a very funny project and I really enjoyed playing with all the colors and designs.
I hope you like it too, and I hope it gives you an idea of how you want your journal to be.

Enjoy it!

 Things you will need:


- Designed papers - I purchased these papers at Michael's and they were really inexpensive

- Notebook - I bought this one at the Dollar Store

- Duck tape of any design or color

- Double-sided tape - I also used spray glue but this is optional

- Scissors of any cutting tool                        
                                                               
- Pencil and a ruler
















Step 1: Chose you cover paper, fold it in half and cut it with your scissors. Apply the double-sided tape on all the corners of the paper and stick it to the notebook's cover.






Step 2: After you have glued the paper on both covers, front and back, it is time to use the duck tape and stick it at the corner of the book, just like the picture shows you.



 At the end your book should look something like this...




















Step 3: Cover the inside of your book. I am covering the inside of the notebook's original cover with a different paper and just lining the upper corner with a designed tape. Next I took the first two pages and glued them together leaving the vertical line not glued, so that it creates a small pocket, which I am going to use for storing my wishlist (because that list is Top Secret)




Step 4: I like to use sticky notes, page dividers and cute random stickers, so I thought to create some pockets to store them nice and organized.


Step 5: Start writing and enjoy your journal.

For more information and techniques on how to do this journal go watch my video on YouTube. It will help you a lot and you can see how I did everything.

Click here: DIY: Make your own journal

Have fun,
Marjana

No comments:

Post a Comment